Overview: The Director will oversee all operations of the Wesley Foundation to include programming, administration and developing Christian leaders. The purpose of The Wesley Foundation is to build a community of Christ followers and develop principled Wesleyan Christian leaders.
Wesley Foundation Board of Directors and Kelly Carpenter of the Center for Leadership Development, North Texas Conference, UMC
Hours: Full time (depending on the applicant)
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Ministry to College Students:
• Develop, promote and coordinate a balanced program of activities and
discipleship to college students.
• Involve students and student leaders in outreach programs that are both evangelistic and missional.
• Plan monthly activities to involve students in programs of the Wesley Foundation including, mission, bible study, and leadership development.
• Be available evenings and weekends for university and church activities; schedule office hours and availability.
• Provide pastoral care to college students as needed.
• Support students in their college life and their faith journey with Christ.
• Encourage student leadership to strengthen attendance, organize events, and promote bible study.
• Enlist a balance of men and women for members of The Wesley Board.
• Attend board meetings and provide evidence of nurturing the spiritual growth and discipleship of participants in the ministry of the Wesley.
• Provide training opportunities in church and/or at state and national levels.
Education and Experience:
• College degree in related field; seminary education a plus.
• Strong church references.
• Experience on church staff preferred.
• Draw up a yearly budget for with board members and submit to Conference.
• Keep detailed records for accounting purposes.
• Attend yearly North Texas Annual Conference.
• Have a clean driving record in order to drive The Wesley van.
• Training, ministry opportunities and other events or activities.
• Active member of the United Methodist Church.
• Desire to make disciples and profess their faith.
• Love for college age young adults
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
To apply for this position, please send resume and references to Kelly Carpenter at Kelly@ntcumc.org.